« Public health strategist job, Camden PCT (focus on alcohol) | Main | 'IBA Training the Trainer Workbook' released »

Friday, September 04, 2009


Hi Peter,
As I understand, unless its written into a premises' licensing conditions individulally, there would be no such requirements. However as a local resident you could call for a licensing review to the licensing department if it was seen to go against any of the Licesning act 2003 objectives:
1. the prevention of crime and disorder,
2. public safety,
3. prevention of public nuisance, and
4. the protection of children from harm

However, protection of public health was the 5th objective of the Scottish licensing act that was missed out to many people's consternation.

However Oldham have been doing some intersting work lately to try and address this kind of practice, see below:

Let us know any progress.
Best, James

Is there any rule as to the designated area where alcohol can be displayed for sale?
In my supermarket large quantities of drink are displayed at the entrance.

The comments to this entry are closed.

Alcohol Policy UK

  • Aims to help the alcohol field stay up to date with news & developments more here.

    Its editor is Dr James Morris. Got a question? Email us.

    For alcohol help see here or call 0300 123 1110


  • Receive all new posts by email

    Receive round up newsletter

Government Alcohol Strategy

  • Current Government alcohol policy is detailed here.

Other info