The Third London Alcohol Practitioners’ Forum was held on Thursday 20th May at City Hall with the theme of alcohol related housing problems and drinking in the home. The Alcohol Practitioners' Forum is an information sharing and networking group that provides a pool of knowledge, skills and expertise to support the Joint Action Group (JAG) on Alcohol - established to deliver the Regional Statement of Priorities on Alcohol. Presentations from the day:
Session 1: Homelessness/Access to housing
- Alcohol floating support/homeless prevention, Brian Watts, Equinox
- Community Alcohol Detox with homeless people, Dr Merlin Wilcox
- Working with Older Drinkers- Greg Scott,
Foundation66 Community Alcohol Support Service
- Domestic violence and Alcohol Use – Embrace Project, Don Shenker, Alcohol Concern
- Harmful drinking in the home- James Morris,
- Royal Geographic Society Alcohol Research, Dr
- Specialist floating support for BME groups-Foziha Raja, EACH
Further presentations on alcohol and housing issues can be found here.
Presentations from the previous forum on the Night Time Economy and Community Engagement can be found here.