The Alcohol Liaison Forum took place on Wednesday 28th March at the Soho Centre for Health and Care in Central London. The focus of the event was alcohol liaison work in hospitals and health care settings. It was attended by nurses, alcohol and/or drugs workers with an interest in alcohol liaison at hospitals or other settings, and other interested parties such as commissioners and service managers.
The first Substance Misuse Liaison Nurses Conference was held in Birmingham in October 2006. Attendees wanted to keep in touch to discuss the issues of such work, especially with increasing developments in alcohol liaison in hospitals. Download the programme here.
The speakers include leading experts and practitioners in alcohol liaison work and Wernicke's Encephalopathy.
1. Robin Touquet: Introduction slides (1-13)
2. Allan Thomson: Wernicke’s encephalopathy - clinical aspects from diagnosis to treatment and prevention slides 14-20
Video used in the presentation
Irene Guerrini: Alocal related thiamine deficiency: what can we do in the community? slides 21-35
3. Moya Forsythe, Rachel Cloudesley, Ruth Cooke, Paramabandhu Groves: Development of alcohol screening and liaison slides
4. Bob Patton: Alcohol problems in A&E: researching the interventions slides
5. Adrian Brown: Alcohol withdrawal management slides
View all photos from the Forum here.